Abbey For Sale In France£350,000 SOLD
Abbey for sale in France. Abbey Bival is an authentic 12th century abbey suspended in time.
Former manor house of a community of Cistercian nuns established between 1128 and 1167.
Fine “L” shaped house of stone and red brick, tiled roof
carefully renovated to preserve the integrity of the original.
Situated at the north-east corner of a 1.75 acre plot,
affording sheltered south and west facing courtyard.
• 3,000 sq.ft. of accommodation, with a fine oak staircase to
• 1,500 sq.ft. of attic space in good condition, suitable
for conversion to bedrooms.
• 5 existing bedrooms (one of 430 sq.ft.),
• 3 bathrooms (one being installed),
• large kitchen/dining-room with wood-burning stove,
• 3 reception rooms with open fireplaces.
A further wing of 3,760 sq.ft. awaits restoration.
• Exposed oak beams
• Large working fireplaces
• Wine cellar in the original chalk
• Well, 560 feet deep, original wooden mechanism
• Partly uncovered “Oubliette”, depth unknown
Documented extensive labyrinth of tunnels beneath the property, used by British and American airmen in WWII : still unearthed, but we know they exist!
Upper Normandy, France
Very quiet environment, but only
10 minutes from Rouen/Amiens motorway
• 2 hours from the Eurotunnel
• 4 hours from London
• 2 hours from Paris
Sale does not depend on any other transaction.
Contact John HERE quoting reference 1109
website reference. 1109